Thursday, November 20, 2008

ten years

Today while I'm drying my hair and eating an apple, I think about what L said at dinner the other night. The restaurant had booths, and he said he likes being on a certain side of the table because he's right handed. This way it's easier for the waitress to refill his coffee.
"But I'm right handed, too," I said.
"Yeah, but you drink coffee with your left hand."
"I do?"
"You probably got used to doing it because you're usually holding a book in your other hand."
He's right. I didn't know that.

4 Comments:

Blogger mama said...

i think this is more of a challenge of fate. when it's just the two of you. j and i have 11 now and almost 9 of them with babies. you miss the subtleties when it's more than the two of you.

congratulations on your relationship with Lucas. it's equally as admirable as any marriage that has endured. more so even.

i miss you. if i move to philly area you'll be the first to know. at least from my mouth. :)

9:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What an interesting observation. I wonder if you don't perhaps drink coffee from your left hand, at least partially and unconsciously, because you got used to sitting on that side of the table.

It's always such a pleasure to read your work.

Lyle

9:43 AM  
Blogger Jim C-D said...

I love this!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Bill Moser said...

I read left handed so I can eat with my right. Of course, if I need to I can eat -or read - with either hand. And do.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home